Firs Road Cemetery
The first person to be buried in Firs Road Cemetery was Frederick Henry Malster in November 1944.
Please click here to view Firs Road Cemetery Rules & Regulations.
The cemetery is a place of peace and quiet reflection. Visitors are welcome but please respect the special nature of the area, the needs of other users and safety factors.
The playing of any game or sport is prohibited (Article 18, The Local Authorities' Cemeteries Order 1977).
Firs Road Cemetery has four different sections.
The first area has the original Garden of Remembrance (ashes) and burial plots, many with full kerb set memorials.
The second area has been designed as an open grassed area, both for aesthetic reasons and ease of maintenance. This means that the only memorial item that can be placed on the grave is a single headstone, with the remaining area kept to grass. The Council lays turves at the appropriate time. There is also a Garden of Remembrance (ashes) section in the centre.
Please click here to view the Management of Memorials Policy.
Location map: Firs Road Cemetery, Firs Road, West Mersea, Essex, CO5 8JR